Cassio Mazzochi Molin
Software engineer with 10+ years of experience in analysis, architecture and software development. Familiar with agile methodologies, has the expertise to design, implement, test and deploy web applications in Java and Spring Boot.
Skills include strong understanding of the REST architectural style with HTTP, microservices and containers; Experience with relational databases; Solid background in systems architecture definition, best practices of software development, design patterns and testing.
Based in Dublin, holds an EU citizenship and no visas are required to work in EU/EEA.
Senior Software EngineerAllied Irish Banks – Dublin, Ireland December 2019 - Present AIB is a financial services group operating in Ireland and in the UK, providing a range of services to personal, business and corporate customers.
- Working on the API manager team, creating and exposing HTTP APIs for Open Banking and PSD2 regulations, which allow third-party developers to build applications and services that can perform a number of banking operations on behalf of AIB customers.
- Developing applications on a microservices-driven architecture with technologies that include Apigee, Swagger, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Apache Kafka, Docker and Oracle.
- Securing HTTP APIs with MTLS, OAuth 2 and JWT.
- Successfully leading projects across different teams for integration between services.
- Releasing applications to production using Jenkins and Ansible Tower.
- Working fully remote since March 2020 till present due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Senior Software EngineerMastercard – Dublin, Ireland October 2018 – November 2019 Mastercard is a leader in global payments, providing services for billions of consumers, thousands of financial institutions and millions of merchants.
- Joined a team to work on a greenfield project to create and push notifications of payment card authorisations to card issuers.
- Designed, implemented and tested microservices with Spring Boot, Spring Cloud and Apache Kafka.
- Successfully led the efforts to deploy the microservices to PCF, a cloud application platform as a service.
- Worked closely with associate developers and mentored them in Java and Spring Framework.
Senior Software EngineerCiti – Dublin, Ireland February 2018 – October 2018 Citi is one of the world's largest banks that provides a broad range of financial products and services to consumers, corporations and governments.
- Maintained a legacy request management system that streamlines the request, approval and fulfilment processes for orders of goods and services to over 240,000 employees, processing over 3 million business transactions each month.
- Evaluated approaches for refactoring and breaking such large monolithic application into small and maintainable services using Spring Boot.
- Created a microservice for indexing and searching data using Elasticsearch, which replaced complex database queries and increased the search performance by up to 60%.
Senior Software EngineerIDEMIA – Dublin, Ireland March 2017 – February 2018 IDEMIA is a French multinational company specialised in solutions for digital identity.
- Created a microservice for log analysis of facial recognition applications using Apache Lucene. This solution provided insights to improve the accuracy of facial recognition algorithms.
- Designed, implemented, tested and documented REST APIs for providing biometric-related services.
Senior Software EngineerIBM – Dublin, Ireland July 2015 – February 2017 IBM is an American multinational technology company that provides software, hardware and services for a wide range of industry segments.
- As member of the IBM Watson Health team, collaborated with other engineers to create and maintain solutions for social program management, supporting the Obamacare program in US and other government agencies all over the world.
- Introduced responsive design in the application UI, focusing on usability, accessibility and compatibility with multiple browsers and screen resolutions.
Software EngineerKeyworks TI – Caxias do Sul, Brazil March 2010 – June 2015 Keyworks TI is a Brazilian technology company focused on custom software solutions.
- Key member in a software team, worked on several projects for different industry segments, including public transport and urban cleaning companies, health insurance providers, and automotive manufacturers.
- With strong skills in Java, researched, evaluated and tested frameworks and technologies that ended up being adopted by the company, including AngularJS for frontend development and JAX-RS for REST APIs development.
- Mentored team members by coaching and training them in Java technologies and promoted knowledge sharing in the company.